23 April 2014

W is for Washing Symbols...

This one is more of a helpful tip than a blog post about fashion etc, but I am very sure it will be of use to you! How many of you look blankly at some of the little symbols that are sewn into some of your garments!? I certainly do, and i'm in the part of the industry that comes up with the reasoning behind this with being a garment technician! 

Yes, some of the signs are obvious, like the iron…but what do all the others mean? I spent a bit of time researching them to make life a little bit easier for when you do your washing! I have also created an image of the symbols so be sure to pin and share this post and follow the blog to make sure you always have access to it! 

The only recommendation I would add to this is if you want to wash anything vintage/antique or a very delicate fabric like an old silk, always hand wash and hang dry as machine wash and tumble dry more than likely wasn't used back then and it may damage your garments! Always double check that your seams etc on your favourite clothes are always intact too when you put them in, wouldn't want any nasty surprises when you open that door! ;)


Hope it helps!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx