7 April 2014

G is for Gym…

I'm not about to lie to you all and say I'm dedicated to going to the gym 5 days a week, I wish I was, I really do! However, I live the busiest life of a lot of people I know, I like to spend time with my family and friends, trying to fit them all in is a nightmare, (ask them they are all demanding of my time!!) ;) I work 9-5 Monday to Friday so that takes out those hours, then I usually see family etc. straight after work which takes me to about 8-9pm in that time eat, then I get home and I shower, then I sleep…weekend is my time to get out!

I began training with my older brother a couple of years ago and I lost around 2 stone! But after I'd been on holiday and Christmas came back around I basically piled it back on again but, hey ho! We invested in some equipment...My punch bag became my best friend!! If there is one piece of equipment I can recommend it is this, its so tiring but great fun! (Shown below) We took over the garage for our training sessions at my nana's hence all the busyness behind the kit!






I got into walking on a Sunday so not technically the gym but it’s still exercise and you have to style it up, well I do. My walking clobber consists of wellies, leggings, a couple of tops and a waterproof jacket as shown below with some images from my favourite walks. We have been walking up the back of Lyme Park since before I could walk!! We always have so much fun, me and my uncle Tom always get messy playing like kids in the forest, my dad is a Photographer so he always makes use of the endless amounts of nature to capture and my mum just enjoys the walk!! It has an amazing view where you can see the whole of Greater Manchester and watch the planes land and take off at the airport. Binoculars are a must if you go for an adventure, keep a look out for the deer as well! Etherow is a little park nearby, it's great to feed the ducks and for a gentle walk around the lake to the waterfall!



I am also in the process of considering training for a 10K run for charity, I do enjoy running but I've always been good at sprinting and not long distance! (So wish me luck as I have until June!!) Generally I wear leggings, a vest, and any jacket, if it’s not raining I wear a soft jacket, if it is I pop on my waterproof walking one! I generally stick to similar outfits for the gym, I like my leggings as they are tight fitted they kind of hold me in place and give you loads of ability to move and I don't like shorts particularly when on a treadmill! And I tend to just dig out whatever top doesn't stick to me. 



My Trusty Trainers!!

I have an average figure and I'm nice and curvy so if I put on a few pounds it’s not the end of the world, if I lose some great! Be happy with who you are I say, everyone’s beautiful no matter your size!!! ;)

How do you style up your gym outfit? Are you a crop and shorts or a hoodie and baggys?! Let me know…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx