22 April 2014

V is for Vintage...

Okay, so what is vintage? Everyone classes terms like this differently dependant on personal preference! I would say that ‘antique’ is anything like 80 years+ old. What I describe as ‘Vintage’ I would say is anything 20 years older than the current date. I would then describe ‘Retro’ as 10 years old from the current date, or something that is imitating a previous era but in a new way, through design and style.

I haven’t been a massive fan of vintage and antique clothing simply because of the smell. I know the clothes are old but I couldn’t get over wearing something that smelt like the raver from the 70’s or the old lady from the Titanic in 1912!! However with the fantastic invention of febreze and a more grown up perspective on old clothing I have begun to collect some items! My most recent vintage item is an oversized coat from Etam, I found it on eBay, it was orange so that obviously drew me to it, and it looked so big and comfy, which it is! It’s perfect for a lazy Sunday morning to keep me warm and especially when I have a naughty hangover as it makes you feel almost as comfortable as being in bed! Lol











When I was looking for a bit of inspiration on this post I came across a great site! It’s called Rokit it does women’s, men’s and kids clothing and accessories etc. as well! So below the first image shows some items I found and loved for you gents, and then below that are some items I found for us girls! As always the links to the site and the product can be found below the image!

Top Row: 1, 2, 3, 4
Middle Row: 5, 6, 7
Bottom Row: 8, 9, 10
Top Row: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Middle Row: 6, 7, 8
Bottom Row: 9, 10, 11

If you like it…Wear it!


Peace and love xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just nominated you for the "liebster award" because I love reading your blog xx http://madamxann.blogspot.de/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx