16 April 2014

P is for Photographer...

A photographer I have been interested in for a long time is Bill Cunningham, born in 1929. He has chosen an unusual life to some, as he has spent most, if not all of his time focussing on his work. He is a street style photographer working also with fashion shows, VIP events and his close friends/celebrities. He has become a very well know photographer all over the world being invited to the top fashion events and having his work featured in The New York Times capturing some of the world’s top socialites. He is spotted by his blue coat which is featured in the image below.


Around a year ago I watched a documentary on him and his work, being interested in street style myself I find him such an inspiration. The image below shows a piece of his work where he montaged various of his photographs together and a short description about what he had found the trends and styles to be on the streets.



I went to Paris Fashion Week in 2013 and the image below shows a piece I created from my own street style shots mimicking Bill’s style. I didn’t look at a particular trend, but instead at formal men’s street wear in general, I was using this piece as my research for my second year University studies so it had to link to that. It wasn't hard to find as it was fashion week everyone had come dressed to impress!! From my research in Paris and online I created two garments from it which are also shown below, a long men’s winter coat and fitted suit pants for AW13. I passed my second year so I guess it worked out well!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx