20 April 2014

T is for Trends...

T is for Trends…Okay so we are in the spring over here in the UK but summer is fast approaching and so are the new trends! A large focus for this summer is the world cup, its being held in Brazil and I was praying for a strong fashion influence from this as the colours are so bold and bright and fashion in Brazil is just amazing to follow! So personally I will be shopping some Brights that I think will lead on from spring’s pastel colours as a base.

Another trend I will be following will be the ‘word up’ trend. This is a focus of making a statement with a phrase or image on your clothes, I think you need to be careful with this trend to not overdo it, the catwalks sent out pieces that most wouldn't dream about wearing so calm it down and make a subtle statement for off the catwalk. A trend I think fits in quite well with the ‘word up’ trend is one I started wearing at the start of the year, ‘the sporting life’ this took storm on the runways and has been a popular sight in stores, it has also taken over my wardrobe. It’s a comfy style with trainers and pumps or plain simple heels, with jerseys, crops, and sports tops, paired with pleated skirts, shorts and that material that makes a funny noise when it rubs together!! ;) I love this style; I'm now a sneaker obsessed girl with too many baggy jerseys!



And finally get your tan on because white is hitting your wardrobes! I love this colour as it has got so much potential, as long as you don’t spill your dinner down you… I favoured it that much last year I had a ‘White Party’ for my 21st Birthday, and as painful as it was for everyone to find a white outfit it looked amazing! The room was glowing, and I love how much everyone stood out when the UV lights came on. I had a change mid-way through the night and put on an orange and yellow UV dress, obviously then I stood out the most!



White is such a clean, stand out colour that can be paired with anything you like; you can throw in a bright bag to jump out the contrast or how about some more white?! White on white, with white shoes…fresh airy linen trousers and a white top with white sandals, too much? I'm not going to lie I like it, looking like something out of an East 17 music video from the 90’s! Bring it on!!!

2 comments:

  1. I Love the white effect, it gives off an air of class. And when worn by those who understand style, it's to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I especially love a white blazer...it goes with everything!! :) xx

      Delete

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx