11 April 2014

K is for Kate Middleton...

Kate McQueen? 

There is nothing I would love more than to have a nosey around Kate Middleton’s wardrobe! I have this picture in my head of it being around the size of my 3 bedroom house, maybe bigger! I wonder, is her wardrobe colour co-ordinated like mine, does she need a map to navigate around where everything is, does it have a seating area in case you need a rest halfway round looking at your clothes? I would never leave… I think she is a fabulous fashion icon for people all around the world as she is classy and sophisticated but fashionable and stylish at the same time. Obviously I have noticed, like many, her love for Alexander McQueen, hence the Kate McQueen at the beginning of the post!  So where did this fashion love begin…

The most iconic moment of Kate’s love of McQueen has to be her wedding day in April 2011. The incredible lace and satin elegant wedding dress she wore to become Duchess of Cambridge marrying Prince William.


Next was her dazzling trip to the US in July 2011 when shit hit the red carpet in LA wearing the lilac floor length draped silky chiffon dress. This dress is also featured on her wax figurine at Madame Tussauds in New York.


June 2012 Kate arrived in a Red to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee; the custom made dress had long sleeves and a pleated skirt. This item has also been seen on Kim Kardashian and Tulisa Contostavlos.


The duchess Kate had another custom made item in June 2013, a baby pink coat which graced her baby bump for her last public appearance before the birth of baby Prince George; she wore this to the Trooping the Colours ceremony.


Next was Prince George’s christening when she wore an Ivory peplum style dress in October 2013


This year she did some recycling and appeared in the red Alexander McQueen dress from the Jubilee for a Palace event.


And finally she has flown to the opposite side of the world in April 2014 and has stepped out in New Zealand wearing a blue military coat, whilst on the Royal tour.


What's your favourite Kate outfit?? And who wore that red dress best?!

2 comments:

  1. I couldnt agree more, I would love to have a poke around Kate's closet... I definitely have a Pinterest board dedicated to just her haha. Loved the post!

    http://www.pagebypaige.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love her clothes babe!! I shall check out your blog now!! Peace and Love xx

      Delete

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx