28 August 2014

August - September

Hey Guys!

So we are coming to the end of August and potentially the end of our summer! I'm still praying for an Indian Summer in September as I'm not ready to get the jumpers out just yet!! (I'm still wearing flipflops for goodness sake!) :) But I wanted to do like a conclusion of my favorite parts of my month and fill you in with with what I have planned for September!

My favourite parts of what I did in August...

1. My favourite meal... It has to be Bangkok Orchid in Hazel Grove, I love a good Thai and this was exactly it, really friendly atmosphere and great food!! You can read my full review HERE!


2. My favourite clothing buy...My Levi jeans, I've always wanted a pair of good quality jeans but always refused to pay the price, but I got a  bargain buy at Cheshire Oaks! Post about that fantastic day is HERE!


3. My best beauty buy... This has to be my Nailene, after my traumatic thumbnail incident I had to somehow get the acrylic off my real nail. I did a late trip to Tesco after A&E and bought it, fantastic product! It has little bristles inside to scrub your polish and nail off! I have a review of this fab product which will be out this week!


4. My best day... Going to see my big brother!! He recently moved to Poulton (near Blackpool) with his girlfriend as they are opening  a restaurant next month so I don't get to see him as often now, so I really appreciate the time I do spend with them! Plus he's a great Chef and I always get a yummy dinner!


5. My best feeling... Finishing my University placement. I was asked to stay on after my contract so I have completed 1 year and 3 months as a Garment Technologist at GSD in Preston. I have learnt so much about the technical industry of fashion, I can't wait to go back to University and apply my new skills.


What I have planned for September...

1. First thing I have planned is work! I have always worked through Uni to fund my car, phone and social life so I am going back to Mottram Hall Hotel as a waitress. As much as I have enjoyed my placement year I can't wait to get back to a busy customer service based role where I can interact with people... (I'm not sure a little office job is going to suit me for my career!)

2. I will be starting a  sketchbook again. I have kind of let all personal drawing, sticking, ideas disappear whilst I have been busy working at my placement so I am looking forward to getting back to my own creativity!! 

3. I have a summer project for Uni so I'm taking a trip to Manchester Art gallery, they have an exhibition on that I wanted to see anyway, 'Cotton Couture' I haven't been to a fashion exhibition for a while due to Whitworth Art Gallery being closed for development. Plus I'm also looking forward to seeing Bernhard Schobinger, 'The Rings of Saturn', he makes 'discovered' objects really quite beautiful, I'll post some more information when I have been. My dad has also recommended me to look at the 'Make Every Show Like Your Last' By Ryan Gander, I actually think he will tag along when I go so he can see it!

4. Events, Events, Events... I will be going to Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycraft Show at Event City on 13th September, I figured it would be good to get back into the swing of things ready for Uni, plus I got the tickets pretty cheap on Livingsocial! I'm also going to try and get to 24 Fashion Live also at Event City at the end of September.

5. Finally, I'm back to Uni!! Hurrahhh I have induction week from the 22nd and then my lectures start from the 29th so I'm sure there will be lot's of posts to update you with my final year of study and my stressed days and successful garment constructions!

Hope you have all had a fantastic Summer...

Peace & Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx