18 August 2014

*Nair Home Waxing

Happy Monday!!

So I was over the moon when I was sent the new Nair home waxing kit. I had been in discussion with my best friend about going for a full wax for ages so we couldn’t wait to try this!  First impression, it’s boxed up nice, it has easy to read instructions on the box, shows the ingredients clearly and the cautions.



On opening it has a more thorough set of instructions to read, it has a plastic inner which doubles for the applicator holder and reusable woven strips. It’s easy to warm up, takes about half a minute in the microwave, I kept it in a jug of boiling water so I didn’t have to keep going up and downstairs to reheat it. On opening it smelt so nice, really orangey and sweet! It’s easy enough to apply, once you’ve got it so it’s rolling out it just applies to the skin in the direction of the hair growth, smooth the woven strip on in the same direction and then rip it off!!!


It doesn't really hurt hurt just more stings, but you can totally hear the nerves in my voice haha!! (Please excuse the flash of the bandaged thumb you see too!)
Here’s the video of my first strip…

View on YouTube

I think I need more practice at applying as I don’t think it worked massively well. I waxed my left leg and shaved my right so I could review the re-growth, I’m 5 days on now and my right leg is at about 2mm and my left leg, some has not come through yet and some parts are around half 0.5mm so still a better re-growth when compared to shaving. I did a patch on my vj to see how that hair would work, this I think is the best place to wax, my re-growth on  the  part shaved 5 days on is at 3-4mm whereas the waxed patch has not begun to grow yet.

Wax On...

Wax Off...

Spotty marks on the legs lasted a few hours, went down with coca oil application!

My best friend wanted to try her armpits, for newbie waxers I wouldn’t recommend it, the hair grows in two directions and is a pain to apply right, when I pulled the strips off a couple of the hairs had ripped deep and left little spots of blood, and it was very stingy!! She even said it was still a bit stingy the next day! I’d given her some cocoa oil to apply to try and sooth it which helped.

 Before

After


To clean it says to wash in warm soapy water, this is to clean the roller head and the wax strips. This is the only fault I have with the product. I scrubbed and soaked and couldn’t get the woven strips clean at all! So when I want to use the kit again I’m just going to have to pick up some new strips, and I would like to keep using it so that I can improve my technique and get better at getting the hair out right! 


To find out more information on Nair products visit their site HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx