16 March 2014

Hair Up’s

So yesterday I dropped all my plans and went to the hair salon! (Bramhall Hair Studio) My cousin (babysis) Connie is around 3 months away from being a fully qualified hairdresser and she wanted to practise doing a hair up before she had to pass it off at college. I took my laptop with me as I had some design work  to do and sat very patiently as she cracked on! Below are a couple of shots from my phone as we were having a laugh catching up!



Any hairdresser will tell you that my hair is a nightmare to work with, it’s great for the length and style as I don't have layers cut in, so for styling and up do’s it gets a thumbs up! Normally bleached hair will hold most styles because the damage hair is dryer and stiffer, mine however contradicts this, Connie explained why I've never been able to hold curls in my hair, and it’s down to the cuticles all over you hair strands, mine are basically too smooth so they won't hold a curl for a long period of time! So she had to work as quick as she could before mine dropped out…

The process  of this style is to curl the hair in sections and then pin the curls  to the head to allow them to cool in the shape of the loop rather than the length of it. She then sat me under a hood dryer and blasted it on cold to help the cooling process. She then took all the clips out and began to back comb my bouffant into shape, once she had this looking right it was all pinned into place. The curls were then looped around her fingers and clipped into position around the back. Once she was happy with how it looked she finished off the front curls and then coated it in hairspray.

I got home and luckily my dad was in, he is a professional photographer so I got him to get a few snaps for me so I could pop it up here for the world to see!!





















Photography by chillphoto © 
chillphoto@hotmail.co.uk


Hair by Connie Hughes @ Bramhall Hair Studio

2 comments:

  1. She did a great job, this kind of hair up really suits you!

    Love x

    Have a look at our giveaway:
    http://insidefruits.co.uk/insidefruits-ready-for-spring-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Great blog...even had a cheeky enter in your giveaway!!
      Peace and Love x

      Delete

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx