6 February 2014

The See-Through Dress

So who wore it best…? 

After all the fashion drama from the Grammys a little over a week ago I decided to look back at some of the outfits that have been a popular conversation between some of my friends. The main talk was Beyoncé in the figure hugging white lace dress by Michael Costello. After seeing the dress pop up all over my Facebook and Twitter feed I could have sworn I had seen it before, so I did a bit of digging! I found that I had in fact seen this dress before. Yes, it had been done a little differently but wow, over the past few years I found seven popular names plus Beyoncé that had worn similar items, even Beyoncé­ herself wearing one in 2012 by Givenchy at the MET Ball. Black embroidered lace with a beautiful black and purple layered feather train.





The first main appearance I could find of this style of dress was at the NRJ music awards in January 2010 worn below by Rihanna. Dress designed by Jean Paul Gaultier. Also shown below is the second celeb spotted in September 2010 at the MTV music awards Ciara rocked an almost skeleton placed lace and feather dress by Givenchy.


The next star laced from head to toe was Lebanese singer Najwa Karam at the Cannes film festival in 2012, this dress was designed by Zuhair Murad who tends to favour the feminine chic look through his Haut Couture collections.



Next stop is January 2013’s Golden Globes, here we saw another Zuhair Murad design worn by Jenifer Lopez. Later in the year at the Angel Ball in New York City in October, Model Jessica White wore a delicate design by Michael Costello.


Another 2013 dress with a twist, Kim Kardashian made a return to our screens after the birth of baby North on the Jay Lenno show. She wore a short lace dress by Dolce & Gabbana, pieced with black underwear…to make a statement I am guessing!


Finally another twist on the ever popular lace gown was also at the 2014 Grammys, Paris Hilton gave the Costello dress a run for its money wearing Milani, covered at the front and clear backed with stripes of sequined fabric.


So, who did wear this best? I know a lot of people who feel very uneasy by the style of this dress, it’s not exactly your pull out of the wardrobe, last minute cocktail party attendance dress! However I love the statement that each Celeb has made through the years by rocking the partial nude look!!

Images (All accessed from sites below on 06.02.14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx