12 February 2014

DIY V Day

Okay so I've always been one of the haters of Valentine’s Day but as I feel society forces it upon you I do feel the need to partake in the giving of gifts. I haven’t always been this way because as a child I used to hand make my ‘daddy’ cards and gifts and he in turn would always get me a card and a small gift. But as you get older and you get a replacement for ‘daddy’ in my case, you learn the value of money when you have to buy a £2.50 card from Clinton's and add that to a box of £10 Thornton’s chocolates and a £10 me to you teddy and the endless list that can continue, it gets a tad expensive and in my opinion unnecessary. You are supposed to show your love not how much money you've got. 

So, this year I have opted for the ‘homemade’ gifts of the past, with a small sentimental bought gift. Below shows my homemade gifts, the first one shows a salt dough tile which I made when two of my young cousins came for a sleepover. I used a square of salt dough (made with two parts flour and one part salt) flattened it out and used a stamp (usually used to print the message into toast) and then microwaved it to harden it. This can also be done in the oven, just keep your eye on it when in the microwave as it can set on fire




The second gift was one I came across for like a DIY kit for a friend or colleague for like a jokey hangover kit. This one I have put together though is a bit more ‘soppy’. I have given it the title ‘’A Little Bag of All the Things We Need’’ I think this would also be a nice personal touch for things like a wedding gift adding items such as; ‘A Penny, so you will never be poor. A horse shoe, to always bring you luck.’ Etc. Mine contains all the items shown on the card in the image, these can be switched and changed for all your own personal jokes or sentiments I used things that I found around the house and things that made me laugh, (the screw in particular) Hope this helps for any struggling ideas you may have had! X



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx