18 February 2014

Holly Fulton

Portrait photographer: Willem Jaspert

Okay so after I have calmed over the past couple of days from the LFW hype, I decided to do a bit of research into the designer Holly Fulton whose collection I saw whilst down in London. Holly, who was born in Edinburgh, studied at Edinburgh college of Art and the Royal College of Art is best known for her bold prints and exquisite embellishments on her garments, which produced a phenomenal range at LFW for her AW14 collection. She launched her label back in 2009 and has had success ever since. She was rewarded for her talent in 2010 when she was the winner of the Elle Style Award for new designer. She was also honoured with the Young Designer of the Year Award at the Scottish fashion awards.


The collection I saw for AW14 had many of her signature statements which reflect her Art Deco, Bauhaus style and geometry shapes that flow through a lot of her collections. In particular I loved the sleek shimmer of the silvers, greys and pale blue tones that took over the collection with neutral tones of beige spotted in and the occasional bold red flicker that passed by. My favourite pieces from Saturdays show were the grey calf length patterned coat and the silver metallic dress with the straps hanging down which glided along as the model walked.
                        



Whilst I was researching this particular designer I came across her SS14 collection which played host to her usual chic style but with bright tones of blue, red and orange, with a reflection of the 70’s style. It literally warmed me thinking of summer nights just looking at it.





SS14 collection images from http://www.hollyfulton.com/collection/ss14

My last bit of research was into handbags, as I am a handbag lover! I came across her collection of bags which she had designed for Radley; these also reflected her bold, Aztec-Art Deco prints that run through her collections. These range from £129-£249 and can be found at http://www.radley.co.uk/handbags/holly-fulton/ I am in love with these gorgeous clutches and they are definitely going on my spring wish list! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx