18 July 2014

Holiday Essentials List..


Okay so I don't actually have a holiday planned this summer...boo I know!! I have just finished my placement year so I would love nothing more than to get away for a few days but I want to go to China in November so it’s a bit of a no go, saving up for that instead…looks like I have to find myself a new part time job ASAP!! It will be so worth it though!

However I can dream about packing up a suitcase and jetting off to a sunny island in the middle of nowhere so I'm going to do exactly that and share with you the items I cannot live without when I do! I've thrown it together into bullet points to make an easy checklist for you!

Airport/Plane…
  • Passport/Insurance Docs/Tickets/Money {obviously right?!}
  • Travel pillow, especially if you’re on a night flight! I love the squishy ones found here
  • Comfy socks for if you kick your shoes off and get cold feet with the air con
  • Lip balm is 100% essential for me, I’m addicted to Carmex and with the bad air quality and air conditioning I can’t stand dry lips.
  • Moisturisers (under 100ml) good for hands and your face when you start to get tired and groggy getting near the other end
  • Get sickness? Don’t forget your tablets!!
  • A good book or trashy magazine to curb the boredom
  • A light change of clothes, just in case that suitcase goes walkies


For the Room…
  • Travel adapter
  • Extension lead - My other half brightened the world of travel last year when he pulled out an extension lead when we arrived in Spain, I couldn’t believe I had never thought of this before no messing around arguing about who needed it for what and when, just one adapter and loads of spaces, hair dryer, phone charging and speaker playing all at once!! Just brill!
  • Phone Charger
  • Hair dryer & Straighteners
  • Hairbrush  & Comb

For the Bathroom…
  • Face wash
  • Shower gel
  • Shampoo & conditioner
  • Moisturiser
  • Toothbrush & toothpaste
  • Razor & shaving gel
  • Deodorant
  • Sun cream & After sun
  • Pain killers/First aid kit/Diarrhoea tablets {in case you eat something dodge!!}
  • Insect replant/ Bite Cream
  • Tweezers- make sure these are in the case and not hand luggage
  • Makeup remover
  • All your makeup, never know what you may end up getting up to {I tend to go natural on holiday because I sweat my face off!! Bit of bronzer to even out the face and maybe a dash of mascara…}
  • Cotton buds
  • Nail varnish

Clothes…
  • Underwear- all ways pack extra in case of accident/delay
  • Couple of day dresses & night dresses
  • A few shorts/skirts
  • Maxi’s
  • Tops
  • Pair of flats, wedges and heels
  • Jewellery
  • Cardie – in case it gets chilly
  • Bikinis!!

For the beach…
  • Big beach bag – you will have to take all your stuff down to the beach or pool and if you’re a way from the hotel you don’t want to be going back every 5 minutes
  • Towel – some hotels don’t let you take theirs, plus you can get one brightly coloured or with a picture on!!
  • A bikini/swimsuit if you’ve not already got it on!!
  • Cover-up - I like to throw on a sarong or kimono when I go and grab lunch
  • Sun cream – if you’ve not already applied before you left the room
  • Shades
  • Bobble at the ready for your beach hair
  • Boom box for when your chilling
  • Water, don’t want to dehydrate yourself

Going Out…
  • Clutch or small bag
  • CONDOMS – I don’t want to sound like your mother but ‘it’s better to be safe than sorry’ ‘don’t be a fool, wrap your tool’ ‘if you’re not going to sack it, go home and whack it’ I could go on with these because I find them hilarious but I won’t!! Seriously though, it’s not embarrassing if you want to be safe; it’s more embarrassing if you get an STI/STD!!
  • Camera, don’t forget the charger, or you will miss the hilarious moments
  • Plasters for those silly heels you packed earlier and will wear once and then stick to flats
  • More hair bobbles, its hot out there guys don’t get sweaty stuck to your forehead hair, it’s not attractive, I know, I always carry a bobble!!

So if you’re going away, well lucky you!! Enjoy, stay safe and have fun…

Happy Holidays! Peace & Love xx

5 comments:

  1. Hate having dry lips, I bring my vaseline everywhere with me. Ah, I never think to bring light spare clothes for the flight in case the luggage gets lost - great tip, I may do this next time, though touch-wood I wont have any bad luck with my suitcase! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Cup of Loveliness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea touch wood!! Luckily to have never happened to me, a spare clothes was a godsend though when I traveled to the Maldives and did 24hrs of travelling! xx

      Delete
  2. great helpful post! thanks for sharing <3

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great, just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! I've given you a follow! :)

      xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you :) I followed back :)

      Delete

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx