4 September 2014

Home Made Lip Balm

Okay, so I recently had two of my little cousins come for a sleepover recently and as anyone with kids or younger family will know they need entertaining 24/7 

So when they arrived I had set up a little area to make lip balm/lip gloss. I had seen things like this over the years on Pinterest, blogs and magazines so I thought it would be fun to I've it a go! 


Ingredients:

Vaseline
Flavour Aid/Kool Aid (or similar powdered drink) (you will find it online or in the around the world food isle at your supermarket!) 
Water
Tubs (to put it in when done)

I also bought a strawberry jelly crystals to give that a try if the Flavour Aid didn't work!


Method:

Microwave Vaseline until runny, then store in hot water (supervise kids) 
Mix Flavour Aid/Kool Aid with water (think of this like icing sugar, less is more) 
Spoon melted Vaseline into the single tubs
Add a few spoons of Flavour Aid paste and mix  




Once it's in the pots pop it in the fridge for a little while so the Vaseline solids up! 


Then it's ready! Give it to your girls to pop on their lips to give them a try! I used the cherry Flavour Aid and it tastes delicious on your lips!! And even gives them a bit of colour! 💋



The girls really enjoyed making it anyway! I finished the night making jelly and angel delight with them and then we did storm painting! Safe to say I had won them out by the end of the day! 





1 comment:

  1. You should! It's so easy to do and fun for the kids!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Vixen Fashion!! Thank you for stopping by and giving me a read! If you're going to leave me a little note I shall reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoy...Peace & Love...Vicky xx